Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review: Rimmle London's Sexy Curves (Waterproof)



I picked up both the regular and waterproof version of this product at the drugstore the other day! I have heard a mix of reviews on both of these so I decided to try it out for myself. 


The packaging for the waterproof is a metallic, aqua blue color as shown in the picture above. It's very flashy  and I actually love how it looks.


When you take the wand out it has a curvy shape and is made from the plastic type of bristles.  

Before you see the pictures of my lashes I want to mention that i have naturally very straight lashes (which are such a pain) so I am very particular of what mascaras I use. 

This is my eye with no make up and curled lashes
 One coat
Two coats and on my bottom lashes

I don't know if you can tell that my expression changes as I put more coats on. I'm just gonna say its not the best mascara... 

There is a difference in the picture with no make up compared to the one with two coats, but not much. The formula is very watery so it tends to weigh down my eyelashes and also causes them to uncurl. It also takes forever to dry! Since the wand has those unique curves more product gets in the skinnier part which made my eyelashes all clumped together but with some fiddling around they got less clumped together. This product also has a strong aroma which can be overpowering. 

There are only a few things this product has to give that I like. The staying power is amazing! I have gone swimming multiple times wearing this and it has lasted through out the day (probably longer if i kept it on). The color is very black (which i like) so if you were looking for a more natural look this probably would not be the mascara for you. Also, it does add a good amount of length but a small about of volume. 

Overall Rating:
 

Would I buy this product again? 
No

This is just my opinion on this product. Just because it doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you! 

hope this helped!

loveee,
phiphi♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment