Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Jumping Juniper Solid Shampoo from Lush


While I was at my local Lush store something seemed to catch my eye. I have seen these solid shampoos in reviews and on the Lush website and have herd many good things about them. I decided to get one to try myself and see if the review were true.

Before I say my thoughts this is the description of the product from the Lush website:
"Our purple shampoo bar jumps into action to sort out oil problems on top. It cleans away grease and balances sebum production for soft, shiny (in the good way) hair. Fruity juniperberry oil sorts out your oily, congested scalp, while lemon and lime make your hair clean and shiny and give it an extra fresh scent. The incredible herbal duo, lavender and rosemary are superpowers if you’re having troubles in the oil department. Rosemary has been used for hundreds of years for its anti-bacterial capabilities, while lavender is known for its ability to balance and soothe the scalp. You'll be jumping for joy in no time!"
I really like this product but I think I should have bought a different one that isn't so cleaning. This particular solid shampoo, Jumping Juniper, cleaned my hair so much that I actually felt like i needed to condition my hair. I usually do condition when I use my regular shampoo but after I rinsed the lather out my hair felt striped of any oils. I don't have oily hair anymore since I have been on accutane so I might try getting a more moisturizing next time I go. Since this is shampoo is actually for oily hair and I don't have oily hair i use it on the days when my hair hasn't been washed in a while, after a long run, after going to the lake etc.

The smell of this product reminds me of the PEZ candy!

I was skeptical on how this was going to lather but it acted like a regular shampoo. I wet my hair than with the bar scrubbed it on the top of my head, underneath my hair, and the sides and than gently scrubbed my scalp and transferred some of the lather to the ends of my hair.

I also got this tin container so the bar can stay dry when I'm not using it.  
I have used this a couple times and haven't put a dent in it... the sign did say that these would last longer than most relationships!

Purchased for around $10

Overall Rating

Would I buy this product again?/Tell a friend?
Yes!
(I recommend for those who have oily hair)

hope this helped! 
loveee,
phiphi♥


No comments:

Post a Comment